Thinking about Going Away?
All camps, holidays, sleepovers, PGL events, narrow boat holidays etc. must have an ‘Event Coordinator’ who holds the appropriate residential license or who is undergoing assessment while running a residential event.
Getting these qualifications is a lot of fun and will open up a world of opportunities for you and your unit. The Outdoor Team will help you every step of the way.
Information on the Qualifications:
The scheme includes a basic Going Away With Licence (1-4 of GAW) which must be completed by all Leaders who are taking their girls away on a residential. Your ALQ 1-3 must be completed before you can gain your GAW Licence, but you may begin planning the event beforehand.
Looking to gain your qualification?
Complete Girlguiding Nottinghamshire’s form and send it with the £20 assessment fee to the office at least 12 weeks before you want to go. We will then use this to find you a mentor. You’ll find the forms you need below:
- Download the Going Away With Scheme notification form
- Download the Catering Scheme notification form
Our Going Away With summary will help you through the scheme
- Download our Guide to Gaining your Going Away with Licence
Buy your books from the Nottinghamshire County Depot, or online at Trading.
- GAW Scheme Book – for completing and signing off – Trading code 6478
- GAW Guiding Book – full of useful information and templates – Trading code 6045
- Catering Scheme (updated 2015, download only) – full of information and websites to find the latest information on dietary needs, allergies, safe food handling etc – Trading code 6480
Forms and Information that you will need for Going Away With:
- REN, Consent, Health also FAQ’s, International Emergency planning etc.
- REN Flowchart of process
- The Guiding Manual – Ratios and A-Z can be found under Activities, while Risk Assessment support and forms can be found under Supporting Info
- Allergen lists for Girls and Adults – for you to use as a guide with your own units (provided by Worksop Division)
Thinking about Mentoring?
- Find out more about the Role of a Mentor
- Read our Checklist for Division Advisers when checking out premises for overnight stays
If you any queries, contact the Outdoor Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check the Diary for training opportunities.