Unit Leaders take part in learning and development opportunities both ‘on-the-job’ and through formal and informal training sessions. They are supported by a Mentor while working towards their Leadership Qualification.
A Unit Leader has certain responsibilities. As part of a team she is expected to:
- complete the Girlguiding Leadership Qualification
- run regular unit meetings with a balanced and varied programme of activities
- keep financial records for the unit
- provide a safe environment for the girls and others working with the unit
- liaise with, and take a responsibility for, the personal development of Young Leaders working with the unit
- attend meetings at a local level
- make or renew her Promise.
Page in development …………………..